This week we talked about making education accessible to everyone. This topic is huge and my breakout group definitely had a lot to say. My biggest take away was that communication with students, parent, and admin is essential for everyone’s success. I think that forming relationships can be difficult but it needs to be done. Accommodations are so beneficial for students and I think that in the past few years there have been a lot more made available. Technology is a huge one. Parents can be against the addition of technology in the classroom but as a teacher I see it as a diverse learning tool. After the class. I watched the youtube video Chantelle mentioned. Damon’s story really struck a chord with me. The fact that he experienced that kind of treatment in a BC school is terrifying. Education is a human right and as a teacher I must make sure that everyone feels as included as possible. Making modifications to lessons or criteria is one way to do so. But each child will have unique requirements and that is why having a relationship with them helps immensely. I definitely learnt about valuable resources this week and I will bring them with me in to my practicum and practice.