Today in class we were introduced to Edcamp, which is a conference lead by the participants. Edcamp’s goal is for their “unconferences” to be about sharing experiences, collaboration and the ability to freely move between discussions. I think that the concept of bringing questions and ideas to be answered is really interesting because as a teacher you want to talk about things that you relate you and will be useful. For our breakout room discussions I went to the room about teacher career choices because the branches from an education degree are so diverse. There were only a few of us but we talked about the path to administration and master degrees at first. Then, we discussed other options like TA and youth and family counsellor. After I felt like I had contributed what I needed to and got enough conversation I switched to the mental health in the classroom room. This room had already had a huge discussion and we were wrapping up timewise so I listened to the ending of the ideas and added a few of my own. I found this event to be super informative but also fun because we got to chat with our peers in an unmonitored and unstructured way. I would definitely exploring doing these in my future classroom or attending one.